Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Keeping to a Budget!

I am really trying hard this year not to spend money on new scrapbooking 'stuff' - I feel that I don't do nearly enough with the 'stuff' I already have! It seems to be a common thread in these times of economic belt-tightening. Even the craft magazine I subscribe to has jumped on the bandwagon, doing a series on the "10 Commandments" of scrapping on a budget over the next few months. I took this to heart and made some birthday cards using only 'leftovers' from a previous project. The pictured one is my favourite. I have also banned myself from looking at any more of the flyers that come in the magazine. (You know the ones - subscription offers that come with gifts - even though you know very well that they factor the cost of the gift into the cost of the magazine!) I have enough of these 'gifts' already. My task this year will be to make them into projects.
P.S. I thought this quote would be appropriate to end my thoughts today - "Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions." A.A. Latimer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails