Thursday, April 7, 2011

Winners are Grinners...

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I opened a parcel last week. It arrived during the work day to the office and I put it aside for later, assuming it was a book I had ordered from The Book Depository.

Imagine my confusion after work when I looked at the box...


Not from the Book Depository. And when I opened it up....



Shriek! A Kindle!!! 

I had all but forgotten entering an online competition back in January to win a Kindle eReader,  especially since I enter pretty much any comp that makes it to my computer screen. 

It's fantastic! I am an avid reader, and have a book with me pretty much all the time. This little baby will save me trying to shove various sized books into my long-suffering handbag. You can read all about them here if you are tempted! Now to find a nice pattern for a cover...

It just goes to show, you really do have to 'be in it to win it'.

P.S. “Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky!” Dr Seuss

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am jealous Paula! Can you do a review of how good it is in a few weeks, I would love to buy one but just don't know if it's worth it? I would love to have one for travelling. It's hard to travel with novels and travel diaries and lonley planet books etc etc. Congratulations!

said...

How exciting! Congratulations =)

PS@AlbanyCreek said...

Will definitely do a review once I have had a chance to play with everything! It would be ideal for travelling Deb. Will make sure to give you a try next time we catch up!
P.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails