Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Word for the year. . .

I wanted to share my inspiration word for 2012 - it ' s. . .
This is how I am hoping to see myself by the end of the year.

To feel that things in my home are where they should be when I need them, chores are accomplished when they should be , the house is not overrun with paper (the bane of my existence) , the budget stuck to , appointments made when appropriate . . .you know the drill . All the things that make for less stress and a less cluttered mind I want to be mine .

I am giving myself a whiole year because I try to stick to the maxim learned many years ago in the PND support classes I went to after my first son was born  - ' Achieve more by attempting less ' . It ' s much healthier to set yourself a goal that is modest but achievable than one that is very inspirational but may lead to failure in the short term .

To that end , I have begun !

I thought I ' d start with the kitchen 'cause it has given me stress lately . We moved into this house 5 years ago, when the youngest was only 3 . In those days , we needed lots of plasticware , down low and accessable for littlies , with all the glassware and china way up out of reach .

With the passing of the years , our needs have changed but somehow re-arragnging the kitchen didn't seem to be a priority . A few weeks ago I realised that the youngest  (now quite a tall 8-year-old ) was constantly asking for help to reach the glasses at the back of the cupboard . D ' oh! Priority . . .

Now from this . . .
we have this . . .
and this . . .
and from this . . .
we now have this .
(Riveting blogging , isn't it ?)
Next to tackle are the medicine and first aid baskets . Wish me luck ! !

P.S.  “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” Douglas Adams

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails