Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to 2010...

Hi All!

Wow, it's been a while since I posted. I had good intentions of blogging all our Christmas goings on straight away, but somehow between kids and visitors and a few days off, it just didn't happen. (We only close our business for one week a year, so cut me some slack.)

Now all the Christmas stuff has been packed away for another year...I thought I would just share a few shots of what the past couple of weeks have been like around here... I knew this little beauty would look great full of Christmas goodies. It has had a real workout since it had it's makeover!

As we had my whole family here for Christmas day, I thought a bit of extra effort was in order. I set tables and made little place card favours for everyone. This was the table for the 4 youngest kids - they had little named bags (printed from here) with a couple of chocolate coins, some dried cranberries and a bubble mix and wand (to keep them occupied while the adults were still eating!). The four older boys had little named pillow boxes (printed from here) with chocolate coins. They dissappeared to play the X-Box as soon as they had scoffed (sorry, eaten) their lunch, so we didn't have to entertain them! The 8 adults had little organza bags filled with sugared almonds (aqua, of course), decorated with a miniature bauble and a painted chipboard initial. Quick, but stylish. The table looked lovely and the lunch was delicious. Even better was after lunch when the family secret santa gifts were handed out... Hooray for my Secret Santa sister, who provided me with my "Sand Mouse" - a name coined by my 2-year-old nephew for the 'mouse sander'. I have some projects in mind for this baby. (Insert Tim the Toolman grunts here - urgh, urgh, urgh.) See the smile - a mouse sander for me!! We had a fantastic day surrounded by loved ones, ate and drank lots, and all the kids got at least one thing they had been really wanting. I count this as a successful Christmas!

While packing away all the Christmas paraphenalia, I thought I would put my New Year's Resolution into action - to get the house organised. The linen cupboard was the first step - complete with labels on the shelves. One room down, the whole house to go. Wish me luck!!

Hope the year has started happily and peacefully for you all.

PS. Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails