Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Amy Butler-ised

My Sweet Harmony handbag is finished!


It was a bit fiddly (lots of prep - eewwww) and I was wishing I didn't choose patterns that needed matching, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

There are a few tweaks I will make next time (like altering the placement of the magnetic snaps, lowering the phone pocket slightly and cutting the lining about 1cm smaller than the exterior) to get a more professional finish. 


The lining isn't very snug. :(

I'm on the lookout for another fabric combination - this time I need something with black in it! I have been meaning to make a bag for using with black shoes and /or pants for ages. I keep getting distracted by pretty things that are green and brown and aqua...and green... and turquoise...and lemon...*focus!* I want something non-directional, maybe a modern floral. Got any suggestions?

In other news, the knitting is going well. I hope to have a new scarf to take camping this weekend. Very proud of myself - seems you can teach an old dog new tricks!

And here's a sneak peak of my current project - it's very 'long'. *snigger*

Will post when it's done. But not till after camping. Getting the thermal underwear ready right now.

P.S. Camping:  The art of getting closer to nature while getting farther away from the nearest cold beverage, hot shower and flush toilet.  ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

Toni said...

Beautiful bag you! Just looks like one Amy would make. Can't wait to see you and your scarf on the week end.

Candy Perfume Girl said...

Great bag Paula:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails