Friday, May 14, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend Away...



I know Friday is really late to be posting about the past weekend, but whaddaya gonna do? I work fulltime and run after 3 kids, so this is the first chance I've had to even look at the few photos I took (let alone unpack) since I got home on Sunday evening.

Not that it wasn't worth it - it was great! A really nice mix of 8 women of different ages and personalities plus wonderful hosts made for a fun, laughter-filled, relaxing and inspiring time at our Twilight2Twilight craft retreat in Esk.

I did some papercrafting...



a bit of sewing...

                                                                                              (The Amy Butler bag is coming along nicely.)

started to learn to knit...

                                                                                      (though I have a long way to go with this new skill...)

ate lots of this...

                                             (photo coutesy of Tamara from Twilight2Twilight)


had a view of scenes like this...




and had plenty of these type of moments!

                                                                                 (Don't you luuuurve our glorious slippers from the Esk markets?)

 I even got to share Mothers' Day with my Mum for the first time in ages, which made up for the fact that I had to wait until that evening to see my own kids. (Poor me! I don't know how I stood the sleeping in and having food prepared for me and all that time to myself. I know you can sympathize.)

When I did finally get home, I was presented with some lovely handmade cards from the small ones, and some nice gifts.


They all bought gifts from the Mothers' Day stall at school, and despite the range of items available, I ended up with 3 oil lamps, 2 of which are identical. Must be genetic!


And my wonderful hubby D got me a great new retro kitchen scale - just what I wanted. How did he know? It's almost like I went shopping myself the week before! 'Nuff said.

                                                             (Mmmmmmm. Shiny.)

Hope all is well in your worlds'! Mine is a pretty happy place right now.

Isn't it wonderful what a little break from the everyday can do?


P.S. "The man who doesn't relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots and standing on his head for the edification of the pathologist and trained nurse, a little later on."  ~Elbert Hubbard

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I want to know why Toni (or anyone else) did not buy me a pair of those slippers??? How rude! But gorgeous...loving that Amy Butler bag...

Candy Perfume Girl said...

How nice it looks like you all had a lovely weekend♥ love your scales too & the measuring cups they're so cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails