Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Confessional...

Forgive me readers, for I have sinned. 

It's been 5 months since my last post.

Yikes! How did that happen? I felt that it had been a while, but not quite that long. It's not as if I haven't been doing anything. Life has just gotten in the way of reflection time again...that and lots of reading.

 I have managed to do a few blog-worthy things in those months...

Took the youngest one to the model train show at the RNA back in May...


and made two toy snails for him.


Did some sewing etc. at the Esk craft Retreat in June

Attended two school sports days also in June...

 Sewed a padded case for my new laptop in July...

Made 2 birthday cakes and celebrated the birthday of the 8-year-old in August ...

 (for school)

(at home)

Went to the Ekka...

 Went to Hervey Bay to visit the MIL for a weekend in September and had dinner on Fraser lsland...

Took the small one to the zoo...

Celebrated the middle one's birthday with another coconut cheesecake - double digits!
And I won Deb's giveaway of lovely little overseas goodies ...
 September was a big month! 

This month we have had the middle one at music camp, the big one getting a sports award at high school (go figure!) and some pretty gifts for World Teachers Day...




I made flags using the canning labels on the HP site here.

I have also read all seven of the novels (so far) in the 'Outlander' series by Diana Gabaldon, amongst lots of other things (don't get me started talking about The Slap - grrr). BTW, the next Outlander comes out at the end of November, so there's my Christmas reading sorted!


All things considered, not much to show for 5 whole months. But this blog was always meant to be a journal, and I guess it will be as full of holes as my memory is.
I promise to be more diligent in the lead-up to Christmas - now only two months away!

P.S. “Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment.”
Harlan Ellison

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Great to see you blogging again, I was starting to think you had given it away! Can't wait to see some inspiration leading up to Christmas. Deb :-)

Toni said...

Hello, you're back, have to catch up soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails