Thursday, June 27, 2013

An Instrospective Solstice. . .

I know it's almost a week past now, but this mid-winter I stumbled across an 
interesting post from a blogger in the Northern Hemisphere here and decided to 
have a go at the questions she posed, as a journalling exercise...

One: Did you have a word for this year? How has it manifested itself? If you didn’t have 
a word, what is the theme that has played out in your life so far this year?
Two: What are you most proud of?
Three: What have you chosen to let go of? 
Four: What has been your greatest joy or surprise?
Five: What book, movie, exhibition, tv programme, play, concert, article, 
photograph, or website has been your favourite find? 
Six: What three things do you want for yourself by the next Solstice – 
21st December 2013?
My responses...
One:  This year I kept my word from last year (recycling!) - Organise - as I don't 
feel that I got very far with it in 2012. I'm hoping to feel more in control of my 'stuff' 
and my calendar by the end of this year.
Two: Easily, my kids. All three are doing very well at school, have friends, interests 
and lively wits. They bring me joy every day.
Three: I am getting better at letting go of things I've been keeping for far too long 
for purely sentimental reasons.
Four: My biggest surprise was how well no. 2 son coped with his first interstate trip 
without the family. He's the emotional one of the boys, but was totally composed 
and excited about both leaving us and air travel.
Five: Re-discovering Carl Sagan's writing. I've had his amazing book 'Cosmos' forever, 
but hadn't really read any of his other work on subjects other than space. It's been a 
revelation. Also the first book in a new series by one of my favourite authors, Gail Carriger.
Six: More health, less stress and some empty shelves.
Well, that's my personal stocktake done. 
How about you?

P.S. " If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." Anne Bradstreet


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails