Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cooking up a storm. . .

Thought I'd try a new biscuit recipe I found around the interweb in honour 
of the school holidays starting. I can't remember where - 
I think it was on a blog. Sorry author!
(Just click on the photo or print it out to read it better.)
As there was already a full can of condensed milk, and I was going for 
some sweet additions, I cut the sugar down to half a cup. 
Otherwise the recipe was easy and yummy.
It made heaps of dough!
As advised in the recipe, I quartered the dough and made four
 different varieties. Each quarter yielded about 20 good-sized biscuits.
For Maple-Pecan biscuits, I added 100g of chopped pecans and a good
 squeeze of maple syrup. Each one has a whole pecan on the top.
I also found that in my fan-forced oven, they only needed 10 
minutes. Next I added about 120g of choc chips for these. . .
Half a cup of coconut and a splash of coconut essence for 
coconut cookies. . .
and 100g of chopped macadamias and 100g of dried 
cranberries made these. . .
Remember that  if you don't have any self raising flour, you can 
always make your own with these. . . 
Just add 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar and half a teaspoon of
 bi-carb to each cup of plain flour, and you too can make a 
whole bunch of these. . . 
Yummy! Though I don't think they last very long with kids 
           home from school for 2 weeks!

P.S. Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul."  
Dorothy Day


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails