Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What a cool idea...

Some people just blow my mind. 

High school history teacher Amy Burvall and her partner decided to set some coursework to music to help their students remember the basics of various periods, figures and events in history. 

The result is a fab collection of pop song parodies on YouTube - check them out!

My favourite has to be "I'm a Knight" to the tune of Lily Allen's "Friday Night". Have a look if history is your thing too...


Some of the songs are just sooo clever. How about "Iceman" to the tune of the Beatles "Taxman" and "Macadonia" to the tune of "My Sharona".  Ba ha ha! Excellent.

While doing a bit of research I found out that,  just to make the whole venture a little more amazing,  Amy made alot of these videos while undergoing chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. (*sharp intake of breath*) She is thankfully now in remission. (*breathe out*)

See what I mean about blowing my mind. Some days I feel so lame!

P.S.  "I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework."  ~Lily Tomlin




1 comment:

Amy Burvall said...

HI! I am Amy (aka historyteacher)...thanks for the support and lovely comments! We have a FB fan page if you'd like to check it out (History for Music Lovers, historyteachers). You are one of the first people to really love I'm a Knight...we might redo that video and make it all animation!
Take care,
Amy Burvall

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails