Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More Christmas preparations...

The Christmas baking/sewing/decorating continues apace around here. I thought I'd record a few more things I've made/done for posterity, so here's a peek...


For the younger kids' teachers this year I upped the ante on the gingerbread trees from previous years (reminder here) and made alternating gingerbread and shortbread star trees, drizzled in white chocolate and sprinled with toasted pistachios. They looked yummy - hope they tasted OK!
I wrapped them in cellophane and attached a little handmade bird ornament made using this cute panel from Spoonflower.

The two core high school teachers just got the edibles, and I had to deliver them myself  'cause apparently 13 year-old boys don't give gifts to their teachers. Who knew?!

I have also tried out a couple of new recipes - Cinnamon Swirl Cookies and Salted Nut Brittle.
I'll post the recipes after a suitable period of 'testing'. *Assuming they pass!*

I have also renovated this wreath from it's aqua colour scheme...
to it's new luxe metallic and red look.

I'll be back soon with the instructions for a really easy candy cane treat...mmmm.


P.S. “Sweets grown common lose their dear delight.”   William Shakespeare

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails